Homemade Potato Gnocchi with Garlic Butter Sauce
Potato Gnocchi and Garlic Butter Sauce
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Full Time: 25 Minutes
Aromatic garlic butter gnocchi for a simple, easy, but delicious dinner!
For the Gnocchi:
- 1 lb of russet potatoes, boiled and peeled (about 2 - 3 potatoes)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh (or dried) basil, chopped
- Fresh (or dried) rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
Make the Gnocchi:
1) Peel then boil your potatoes until soft enough to easily pierce a fork through
2) Once done, let potatoes cool for a few minutes, then press through a rice masher, or mash with fork until no potato clumps remain. You want the potatoes to be smooth without any clumps at all.
3) Add the flour and salt. Mix with a fork or spoon, then gently knead the mixture. You don’t want the mixture to be sticky. If it seems sticky, add more flour.
4) Once the dough is formed, take about 1 teaspoon of the dough, and squeeze it in your fist. Roll the ball in the palm of your hands into an oval shape. Once the gnocchi is shaped, you can place it on a plate or on a clean surface and press with fork to make the classic gnocchi grooves. Repeat until all gnocchi is rolled.
5) In a medium/large pot, add water and salt, bring to a rolling boil. Add half of your gnocchi to the pot, stir occasionally. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes, you will know it’s ready when the gnocchi floats to the top. Remove with slotted spoon. Add the rest of your gnocchi and repeat the process.
Make the garlic butter sauce:
1) In a medium sized pan over medium-high heat, add the butter. When fully melted reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add your fresh herbs and cook for another minute.
2) Add your cooked gnocchi, sprinkle the salt, and sauté for another minute or two.
3) Serve with fresh basil, vegan cheese, and some pepper! Enjoy <3
Share your creation on Instagram and tag @marinatedvegan #marinatedvegan